Another year of camp has come and gone. We had a great week and here are some of the highlights:
• We registered 55 campers.
• We had 4 counselors or junior counselors who served for the first time. We had a total of 22 counselors/juniors and 6 kitchen staff.
• We returned to Coastal Empire Christian Camp in Hiltonia for the first time in about 20 years and had a very good experience.
• We operated camp under budget.
• We enlisted a new kitchen crew and they took over the purchasing which was a HUGE relief to me.
• We enlisted a church (Crossroads, Guyton) who prepared a meal for our first day staff orientation. This took an additional load off me as well.
• We took children to Syl-view nursing home to minister to residents and show them the love of Christ.
• We faithfully imparted biblical truths to children in chapel times and cabin devotionals focusing on Jesus' "I am" statements from The Gospel of John.
• We had our first ever S'mores campfire.
• We continued to improve our camp experience by providing a safe, caring environment for children to learn about Christ, and are committed to raising the bar of excellence even more next year in our programing and policies.
Thanks to the churches who make camp a priority year after year. Thanks to those who made scholarships available for kids. There is a place for others to get connected and help children, many of whom are at risk and are hearing important biblical truths for the first time.