Advent for Amateurs - On second thought, a re-poemed Poem

The Magnificat

In worship my soul lifts up the Lord, 
The Saving One who gave his word. 
In regarding me though undeserved, 
My legacy he has preserved.

For those who hear all this of me, 
Will call me blessed through history. 
The mighty one in blessing me, 
Caused all his Holiness to see. 

And mercy rests on all who worship, 
Whether living or still unborn yet. 
For with great strength he bared his arm, 
And scattered those intent on harm. 

The proud who plotted their own reign, 
He put them down and their false acclaim. 
And put the humble in their place, 
Filling them with his goodness and his grace. 

The rich, the ones who couldn't hear it, 
He bypassed for the poor in spirit. 
And Israel the object of His promises, 
Found mercy in his faithful remembrance.

Luke 1:46-55

Comments